Sunday 21 March 2010

Hope - Diptych

Hope - Diptych
A Diptych is a image that is made of two images.

At the time that we received this brief, my grandad, aged 87 at the time, was in hospital. I was so hopeful that he would soon be back on his feet, and home again for my next visit home from University. Therefore, I decided to use this situation as my inspiration for the theme of Hope.

"Big" Alf
(named big Alf because his son is also named Alf)

My Grandad means so much to me, and is one of the most important people in my life. Since my nan passed away around about 6 - 7 years ago, he has been in and out of hospital a bit more. I think on this occassion he had gone into hospital to get a pace maker fitted. Now 89 years, my Grandad believes himself able to do all the things he did when he was 30! For example, riding his bike to our house which is at least half an hour away.

Seeing my Grandad in hospital as a fragile old man really upset me, and through this project I was able to show how much I wanted him to get better and be his old self!

By photographing him in his hospital bed, and then comparing that with a photograph of his own bed at home, I was able to portray my longing for him to get better and come on home!

My Grandad has is now doing well and turned 90 years of age in November 2010!
I love you so much Grandad!

No comments:

Post a Comment