Sunday 2 January 2011

Street Photography cont.

I have developed a big interest in being able to simply walk around and photograph; it bewilders me that everyone doesn’t do it. Whenever I go out, it may sound silly, but I do feel free. I don’t have a set project to work to or set of assessment criteria requirements that I have to fulfil. In this blog I have had to chance to write about whatever I want to, just like my photographic practice allows me to take photographs of whatever I like. Below, I have provided some images that I have taken whilst wandering the streets around my home in Liverpool.


The images above where taken in Liverpool, a cup stuffed into a hedge; and a tissue which had been balanced on a small branch on a tree instead of them being placed into a bin. During my studied I came across the work of Richard Wentworth who photographed the similar type of thing, one of his works was a photograph of a number of polystyrene cups stuffed behind a pipe. Wentworth called these the 'last gestures of politeness'. I admire this work as Wentworth was able to, as I like to think, get people to 'notice the invisible' of the street and their surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment